Advantages of a drupal website
In the present world, websites have acquired great importance. Websites are the representatives of the company’s products and services. Therefore, great care should take when designing a website. Drupal is a new technology that can help you in designing a website that suits your company’s requirement. Drupal is a content management system that assists in managing content on a website. It is written using PHP, which is a computer scripting language. It was originally known as personal home page. Many websites are uploaded with drupal development software.
Some of the advantages of Drupal are :
- Drupal is a software that enables a user to publish as well as manage huge quantity of data or content on a website. It can also be used on e-commerce applications, portals and resource directories.
- It is completely free and available to public through the GNU public license. Any one can get it download and apply it on their website.
- Drupal uses Apache’s mod_rewrite to enable customizable URLs that are both user friendly and search engine friendly.
- Drupal has an extensive and active community supporting it. It is constantly being improved and is subject to extensive testing so you can count on it to be rock solid.
- Any one can develop Forums, blogs, newsletters, wikis, quizzes, polls, sweepstakes, and hundreds of robust social networking modules with Drupal CMS.
- All content created in Drupal has a permanent link or “permalink” associated with it so users can link to content freely without fear of broken links, another feature that is likely to boost search ranking and page views.
- Administrators have the options of setting up new user accounts and user permissions. These permissions can be designated per role or group and offer fine-tooth comb-style, allowing users to help create your content for you. Drupal’s new release of version 7 allows for easier administration and greater controls.
- Drupal offers themes and templates that are easily recognizable to the public many users like to use its design tools to create their own dynamic designs. The system’s presentation layers allows for easily usable and interactive experiences.
- Drupal has over 7,000 plugins and extensions available to boost your building capacities. As the program is open source you can both use plugins and create your own, adding to the abilities of the Drupal platform.
- In terms of loading and scalability Drupal is one stroke behind that of WordPress. The slow loading is simply because of the breadth of tools and capabilities.
- One of the biggest things in Drupal is the community that is attached to it. Drupal tends to attract the best and the brightest in the field of website development. Often you can get advice from dedicated professionals, as well as those that work on the Drupal development staff.
- Whether it is private interest or a big commerce website Drupal based themes are rage nowadays. Drupal supplies a number of themes based default website templates utterly for free. Likewise, you can get several paid and free templates with Drupal theme by making a simple search online. You can even use a custom-made one into Drupal theme.