Advantages of ASP .Net
ASP is Short form of Active Server Pages developed and marketed by Microsoft to allow programmers to build dynamic Web sites, Web applications and Web services. ASP Dot NET is stand for Active Server Pages and .NET is a framework developed by Microsoft. In Today’s aggressive business competitive environment, ASP Dot NET Development plays a vital role in software development. Due to its sturdiness many companies use ASP Dot NET to develop their web application. It gives robust web base solutions. ASP.NET programming is used to create dynamic web pages. You can use ASP.NET programming to create small website to large application development.
ASP .NET aims for performance benefits over other script-based technologies by compiling the server side code to one or more DLL files on the Web server. This compilation happens automatically the first time a page is requested. This feature provides the ease of development offered by scripting languages with the performance benefits of a compiled binary. However, the compilation might cause a noticeable but short delay to the Web user when the newly edited page is first requested from the Web server, but will not again unless the page requested is updated further.
ASP Dot NET is a solid coding means it saves time in coding. You need not to repeat coding every time. Therefore it reduces the amount of codes required to build a large application. Your applications are safe and secure with built in Window authentication and pre-application configuration. It provides better performance by taking advantage of early binding, just-in-time compilation, native optimization, and caching services right out of the box.
Another major advantage of using .Net is the ease with which it allows the exchange of data between various software applications. This occurs because the dot net platform allows different programs to exchange data via a common set of exchange formats, to read and write the same file formats and to use the same protocols. Such features make ASP.NET the preferred programming language for developing database driven websites and applications. .Net proves to be useful when applications stored on remote systems have to communicate with each other through standard internet protocols like XML, SOAP.
Some main advantage ASP.NET framework offers for Web development
- ASP.NET reduces the line of code needed to develop large applications.
- Built in Windows authentication and per-application configuration keep your applications secured.
- It is an ideal server side scripting technology that is why code runs on the windows server before displaying on the web browser.
- The ASP code and HTML smoothly mix with each other to generate dynamic web pages.
- Dot NET framework is language independent, so choose any programming language that best suited to develop your application.
- ASP.NET is easy to deploy because of built-in configuration information.
- The Windows Web server precisely monitors the web pages, various components and application running over it. It immediately gives an alert for any memory leaks, unbounded loops and other illegal behaviors. It instantly kills those behaviors and restarts automatically.
- Early binding, JIT compilation, caching services and native optimization supports to get high level of performance.
- All the application processes are minutely monitored and manage to help application continuously available to handle requests.
- WYSIWYG is an editor tool available in Visual studio.