Benefits of Load Testing
Load testing is the process of putting demand on a system or device and measuring its response. Load testing is performed to determine a system’s behavior under both normal and anticipated peak load conditions. It helps to identify the maximum operating capacity of an application as well as any bottlenecks and determine which element is causing degradation. When the load placed on the system is raised beyond normal usage patterns, in order to test the system’s response at unusually high or peak loads, it is known as stress testing. The load is usually so great that error conditions are the expected result, although no clear boundary exists when an activity ceases to be a load test and becomes a stress test.
There is little agreement on what the specific goals of load testing are. Load Testing is a type of software testing technique which tests software by simulating multiple users accessing single software. This is very helpful if a company is looking to build software which would be used by many users at the same time. It is a kind of non-functional testing.
A major benefit of Load Testing is you can test from your customers’ perspective. Since your customers are distributed across the Internet, the key to getting their perspective comes from using a “last mile” testing network. While establishing a large global last mile network of on-demand desktop browsers is beyond any individual load test lab, Load Testing SaaS providers leverage their established global desktop monitoring networks to provide geographic load testing.
Some of the benefits of Load Testing are :
- Reduce risk of downtime
- Improve deployment quality
- Find performance bottlenecks
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Provide tangible statistics to developers
- Create system benchmarks useful throughout SDLC
- Improve scalability of your app
- Minimize risk related to performance requirements
- Reduce costs of failure
- Maximize marketing campaign funds
- Optimize hardware and software costs through accurate capacity metrics
- Reduce risk associated with SLAs
- Support continuous process improvement by supporting performance tuning
- Provides KPIs to executives for resource utilization
- Eliminate system failure requiring scrapping and writing off the system development effort due to performance objective failure;
- Eliminate late system deployment due to performance issues;
- Eliminate avoidable system rework due to performance issues;
- Eliminate avoidable system tuning efforts;
- Reduce additional operational overhead for handling system issues due to performance problems.
Tags: Advantages of Load Testing, Benefits of Load Testing, load performance testing, load testing, load testing performance testing, testing load, Uses of Load Testing, web load testing, website load testing