Benefits of Upgrading from ASP to ASP Dot NET Framework
The new and improved version of ASP is the ASP.NET framework by Microsoft built on the .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR). The upside in upgrading from ASP to ASP Dot Net Framework is that it lets coders write not only in script languages but also in .NET languages such as VB.NET, C#, J#, Delphi.NET, Chrome, and so on.
ASP to ASP.NET framework up gradation means complete object-oriented programming structure, easy maintenance, reusable code, automatic documentation from reverse engineering, ASP.NET controls, and multiple-language debugger.
The ASP.NET framework supports three approaches to build web sites namely, Web Pages, Web Forms, and MVC. It allows developers to create dynamic web sites and web applications.
ASP.NET provides .NET Framework class libraries and tools for building Web services, as well as facilities for hosting services within Internet Information Services (IIS). Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) provides .NET Framework class libraries, tools and hosting facilities for enabling software entities to communicate using any protocols, including those used by Web services. Migrating ASP.NET Web Services to WCF allows your applications to take advantage of new features and improvements that are unique to WCF.
ASP.NET framework comes with many technologically superior features that reduce the development efforts as well as the lines of code. While upgrading from ASP to .NET framework only involves changing the file extensions from .ASP to .ASPX, in reality there are various levels of porting that may be applied to the system.
ASP to ASP.NET up gradation can be done by just changing the extension from .asp to .aspx. But before transporting or migrate an .asp file to .aspx, you might think twice the necessity of changing the file. The first advantage is that ASP.NET applications can handle two to three times the request per second as compared to ASP applications. This will certainly increase the performance of ASP.NET applications.
Being a real object oriented (OOP) framework, ASP.NET framework offers better code management and a clean code structure. It also produces faster web applications using optimized compiled code, in comparison to the PHP language, which runs as interpreted code. Also, many project managers find the partition between code and markup (between logic and design) to be very effective and to allow a more organized and efficient work inside a team.
Benefits in upgrading from ASP applications to ASP.NET framework:
1. Minimal use of code enables cost-saving and quicker development of web pages and applications.
2. Allows easy detection of design-time errors in the development stage itself.
3. Web page caching facility of the entire page or in parts Built-in windows authentication configuration to monitor security of your application
4. Additional features such as drag and drop server controls, WYSIWYG editing and automatic deployment, and so on.
5. Choice of language for the application under development
6. Registration of components not needed as the configuration information is already built-in
7. Allows for easy and flexible coding of web pages as the source code and HTML codes are on the same server
8. Capable to handle higher number of requests.
9. Have build-in windows authentication configuration to provide complete security to applications.
10. Constant monitoring allows this application to identify memory leaks and destroy those activities immediately for smooth functioning.
And, the ASP.NET framework is used to create large and standards-based web applications using popular design patterns and the power of ASP.NET and the .NET Framework.