Designing tips for Web Designers
Designing a professional and high quality web site can be a difficult task for web designers who mostly overlook tiny aspects of a site. There are many things to consider for web designers while designing a website so that visitors can get the information they require when they visit your website. A web designer should focus on the user’s need at all times – usability, accessibility, user experience and user interaction considerations are all part of this. They must learn to see things from a visitor’s perspective while designing.
Some of the important tips for web designers to follow are:
1. One of the toughest challenges facing any web designer is the web page. When designing the web page think about the site as a whole not each page separately. There should continuity in design. Include a site map for easy navigation. The site and pages should be interactive so links must be used. Design the pages so that they are not more than 50K.
2. Visit as many sites as possible that cover the same as well as related topics. Make a list of what works and what doesn’t. Avoid using a design that is going to be uniform with others. Unless your pages are distinctive they are not going to work.
3. When building the front end of your site, make sure to use semantic code. By using descriptive tags to structure your pages, search engines will be able to read and have a better understanding of your content. This will also make the process of styling your site much easier and cleaner.
4. Create a design which coveys in a stylish way what it has to. Instead of using downloaded illustrations use original ones.
5. Clean layouts are the easiest ones for viewers to navigate while actually being able to take in the information that the site is presenting. Web designers must make sure that they are not introducing too many design elements to the site and taking the focus away from the purpose of the page.
6. A website that looks good will be useless unless it is built to be SEO-friendly. Having a website that only looks good might not be the most ideal solution. There are different elements to a website that affects its performance in the search engine, since the basic need is to rank our website high in the search engine so that we will get more traffic. Therefore a web designer should pay attention on SEO friendly site.
7. A web site that is easy-to-use always encourages visitors to stay and read your content. Designing stretch layouts that fit any screen resolution ensures that you know all your visitors see a visually appealing and professional site.
8. Test your web pages with several browsers. Make sure they open quickly and completely. Do a reality check by asking a cross section of users to check the site. Usability checking will bring to the fore any mistakes made.
9. To make sure that site visitors are not getting frustrated with the amount of time it takes to load a site, web designers should cut down on the amount of graphics and other items that take more time to load by optimizing the code can help to minimize the amount of time it takes to load and site, which makes visitors much more interested in visiting the site again and again.
10. Web designers must stay up to date with current trends in web design, since viewers notice the “new” and “cool” web designs and are drawn to sites that make an effort to adapt to the changing times.
11. While high quality, useful content is an extremely important element of website usability, do not make the mistake of using too much text in your web design page lay out. Thus Web designers should embrace the creation and building of balanced web content; graphically and textually. A lot of graphics generate imbalance in the web page causing visual attraction to be lost. So the website should look less packed regarding graphics, text and pictures.