Difference between Outsourced SEO and In House SEO
Many companies will face the question of whether to outsource SEO (search engine optimization) or to hire in-house SEO professionals to improve, manage, and monitor search engine optimization and other Internet marketing efforts. Both In-House SEO and Outsourcing SEO have its pros and cons. Each company needs to look into both these models and then decide based on their needs. There are many advantages and disadvantages of using either in-house SEO or outsourcing SEO.
In House SEO:
1. An In-House SEO expert will know your business well and hence will understand the nuances of company and its challenges as well.
2. Doing your SEO In-House gives you complete control over the strategies and their execution. The SEO expert can be contacted immediately for any changes since he sits in the same office as the other members of the company.
3. The In-House SEO expert works only on your website and not on any other websites. This means that the expert can give full attention to your site and can work on improving the rankings of your website.
4. Sometimes In-House SEO is lesser expensive that Outsourced SEO agencies.
5. Advantage of in-house SEO is that you can have someone tasked with this job who knows the company inside and out. You can feel assured about their ability to know which key words are the most important and how to really get to the top of the search engine rankings.
6. Keeping your SEO in-house for your WordPress blog is also a good idea to be able to keep your business secure. You don’t have to worry about outside contractors seeing your confidential website content and risking losing that important information.
But major drawback with In house SEO is it requires a number of tools. If you choose to do your SEO In-House, then you need to buy these tools. This can be very expensive. Just having these tools is not enough. You also need to learn how to use them which can further take up a lot of your time.
1. By outsourcing your SEO project you get the expertise of an entire team of SEO experts who will work on your website. Since, it is a team that only works on SEO projects, they will be up to date with the latest trends in business and hence you do not have to spend time or money in getting yourself familiar with these trends. The team will create SEO strategies for your business keeping these trends in mind.
2. SEO agencies work with a large number of clients. The advantage of this is that they have the experience of working on different kinds of businesses and understand their needs better. This wide perspective can be a big advantage in getting visibility on the web.
3. If you outsource SEO to an agency, you don’t have to spend time, effort and money on hiring an In-House SEO team, training and tools.
4. The outsourced SEO agency will not be affected by the pressures of other aspects of marketing your business and can concentrate only on the SEO of your website.
5. Outsourcing SEO means faster execution of tasks since you get a team of people working on your website as opposed to one or two in-house experts.
6. By employing an SEO firm to handle your online marketing affairs, you are effectively purchasing many years worth of combined knowledge and expertise in SEO.
And the disadvantage of Outsource SEO is since the agency will be handling more than just your website, you cannot be sure of the time and focus that the agency will be giving your website. You may have to constantly keep checking on the work done and on the progress of your site.