Difference between Static and Dynamic Websites
A static website is one that is written in HTML only. Each page is a separate document and there is no database that it draws on. What this means functionally is that the only way to edit the site is to go into each page and edit the HTML so you’d either have to do it yourself using a web page editor or we can edit the site each time you wanted something changed.
A dynamic website is written using more complex code and can do a lot more. For instance, we can make an area where you can log in and change various parts of the website, such as adding information or products or changing existing products. eCommerce websites, news websites are some examples of dynamic websites. This is because each page is constructed based on the information in a database, and the information in that database can be changed via another interface.
Advantages of static websites
- It is very easy to develop a static Website.
- Compared to dynamic website it is very cheaper to develop
- Regarding hosting also it is very cheap.
Disadvantages of static websites
- For any modification a web developer requires.
- Site not as useful for the user
- Content can get stagnant
Advantages of dynamic websites
- Much more functional website.
- It is very easy to update your site.
- It is very friendly to the search engines and it will bring back the visitors.
- Can work as a system to allow staff or users to collaborate.
Disadvantages of dynamic websites
- Slower / more expensive to develop
- Hosting costs a little more than static websites.
Now a day’s lot of people prefers dynamic websites because of huge benefits it is having. Dynamic sites reduce ongoing maintenance costs, make data management very efficient, and enable the addition of any future addons such as data feeds or a comprehensive site search. They also make it impossible to destroy the layout, as might happen if you edit it from a web page editor.
But there are some drawbacks also are there for using dynamic websites. The first one is the person has to invest more to develop, because of heavy complex coding will be there, as well as the development of a content management interface to enable you to maintain your website. And the second one is you will need to obtain web hosting which supports databases and dynamic languages.
If you are looking for simplicity and low budget website then a static website may be the solution for you. But, if you want a website that requires extensive updates and advanced features, you may have to go for a dynamic solution.