Features of WebSphere Application Server
WebSphere Application Server (WAS) is built using open standards such as Java EE, XML, and Web Services. WebSphere Application Server provides the flexibility, efficiency and intelligent management for a cost-effective business. WebSphere Application Server drives businesses by providing most of the developers and IT Architects with an innovative, performance-based foundation to build, reuse, run, integrate and manage Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) applications and services.
WebSphere Application Server is a platform on which Java-based business applications run. WebSphere Application Server Is an implementation of the Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2ee) Specification.
Features of WAS:
1. WebSphere Application Server Speed the delivery of applications and services, operate efficiently and reliably and ensure security and control.
2. WebSphere Application Server helps businesses reduce costs through industry leading performance, operational efficiency, and reliability. Companies can take advantage of WebSphere Application Server’s high performance to consolidate workloads and administrative overhead to reduce total cost of ownership without sacrificing system reliability.
3. WebSphere server application reduces developer time and effort during the edit-compile-debug development lifecycle with monitored directory-based install, update and uninstall of Java EE applications.
4. WebSphere application server save time on problem determination and uncover potential performance bottlenecks by using the new High Performance Extensible Logging (HPEL) binary log and trace framework.
5. WAS increases administrator productivity through automated cloning of nodes based on existing node configuration, job manager updates to manage profiles, and improved ease of locating and editing configurations.
6. WebSphere Application Server offers world-class security and control to help businesses confidently reduce costs and increase business agility. WebSphere Application Server’s rich support for security specifications and granular security controls help administrators productively secure application environments their businesses depend on.
7. WAS improves ease of use and control through automation that allows administrators to copy a security domain, along with users and groups, at the global level.