Health benefits of Carrots
Carrots have high nutritional values where no other vegetable contains as many carotene as carrots, which our body coverts into vitamin A.An 100grams of carrot supplies around 11,000 milligrams of vitamin A. Carrots are grown all over the world and are available in all seasons. They vary in colour from orange, black, pinkish, red, yellow and white. This delicious vegetable is within the reach of rich & poor alike and is rightly called the “universal root”. The carrot root is the main edible part and can be eaten raw, drunk as a juice.
Carrots are the second most popular type of vegetable after potatoes. It provides a lot of nutrition to the body. According to calorie count, nutritional value. Dried roasted carrot roots can be ground into a powder and used as coffee substitute. Carrot syrup is sometimes employed as a sweetening agent.
Cooking carrots raises the nutritional benefits. By cooking them slightly, you free the beta-carotene, from the fiber, which allows your body to absorb it better. Eating only a half-cup serving per day will give you more than the recommended dosage of beta-carotene
1. Carrots also provide a whole host of other essential vitamins, B1, B2, C, D and E which are antioxidants that reduce free radicals cell damage and heal and nourish the skin. Carrots are extremely rich in potassium and contain magnesium, vitamin B6, folic acid, thiamine, and cholesterol reducing calcium pectate. Carrots also have small amounts of carbohydrates, essential oils, iron, copper, phosphorus and sulphur1. Packed with all of these vitamins and minerals, carrots are a very healthy food.
2. Carrots are rich in beta carotene, which is a powerful antioxidant and to be effective against some forms of cancer, including breast, ovarian, and lung cancers. It is also believed to be a preventative in stroke and heart disease. These properties are found in the vegetable, but not in vitamin supplements, so in high risk individuals, eating several servings of carrots per day is an excellent idea.
3. Carrots have health benefits for people who wants to reduce weight. but people who wants to gain weight should not have carrots.
4. Carrot is good for blood sugar regulation because of the presence of carotenoids in carrot. Carotenoids inversely affect insulin resistance and thus lower blood sugar.
5. Carrots have antiseptic qualities and therefore, can be used as laxative, vermicide and as remedy for liver conditions.
6. The vitamin A and other nutrients in carrots are efficient enough to nourish the skin, prevents dry skin and other skin blemishes. It also help slows down the aging of cells and various negative effect associated with aging.
7. Carrot oil is good for dry skin. It makes the skin softer, smoother and firmer. Carrot juice improves stomach and gastrointestinal health.
8. Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, a substance which converted into vitamin A in the liver.
9. The combination of vitamins A , C and silicon found in carrots also helps promote good eyesight. In the retina, vitamin A is transformed into rhodopsin, a purple pigment that necessary for night vision.
10. Carrots help clean teeth, as they act as natural abrasives, help in eliminate the sticky dirt from the teeth and stimulate gums. They also trigger a lot of saliva, which helps to scrub away stains on your teeth. Minerals in carrots helps to kill germs in the mouth and prevent tooth damage.
11.By drinking carrot juice on a regular basis provides a natural way to build immunity against colds, flu, germs, and infections.