Health Benefits of Parsely
Parsley belongs to the herbs plant and is popularly used as a culinary
spice, which is very vital in terms of health and is delightful to taste. The botanical name of parsley is Petroselinum Crispum. Parsley has been grown for more than two thousand years and it has been used for its curative properties much before it was used as a spice in the kitchen. Parsley is an amazing medicinal herb. Parsley herb has many curative values and is used to heal several health problems. Parsley is easy to grow in almost any little corner of your garden or a flower pot.
* Parsley is also rich in vitamins A and C. Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant as well as an anti-inflammatory substance. It is necessary for a healthy immune system and can help prevent colds and ear infections. The Vitamin C found in this herb supports the absorption of iron in the blood stream. Hence parsely is a very versatile plant to aid the body in regaining health. Parsley is also rich source of folic acid.
* The root contains calcium, B-complex vitamins, and iron, all of which nourish the glands that help regulate the uptake of calcium. It is a source of both magnesium and calcium, and especially potassium.The root and leaves of parsely are excellent for the liver and spleen. Parsley root and seeds contain ingredients that help produce a pain relieving benefit to relax stiff joints. Many people use parsley root tea to make stiff and unmanageable fingers work again.
* Parsley has been used for congestion and inflammation of the kidneys and bladder, gravel, stones, and urine retention.
* Vitamin K, which gives blood the ability to clot is also found in parsley. Parsley juice is an excellent tonic for the blood vessels. Small amounts of iron is also present in parsely.Having parsley everyday helps in reducing blood pressure and reduces the risks related to high blood pressure such as hypertension.A regular garnish of parsley can help ward off cardiovascular diseases, such as heart attack, stroke, and atherosclerosis.
* Parsley can help with expelling watery poisons, excess mucus, flatulence (gas), and reducing swollen or enlarged glands
* Parsley has been used in medicines that treat a variety of illnesses including, ague, malaria, and jaundice. .
* Parsley is a power plant of chlorophyll, this helps curb the growth of bad bacteria as it has anti bacterial properties. Chlorophyll found in parsley is a good cure to stop and avoid bad breath (halitosis) for long time.
* The oil of parsley herb is a good remedy for hair loss as well as dryness of the skin. Daily application of this oil helps in improving the hair growth as well as makes the skin supple and smooth.