How Men should take care of Dark Skin
Gone are the days when it was considered macho for men to have rough skin to match their personalities. Women aren’t impressed with bad complexions in men any more than men admire women with bad skin. While today men overall are more aware of the importance of taking care of their bodies, far too many still neglect their skin.
The differences between men and women skins are: the acidity of skin is higher than women. The sebum and sweat are more that those of women. The hair on face and body is thicker. Darkening of the skin due to increased melanin can occur as a result of a variety of reasons. Scarring, acne, sunburns as well as certain illnesses can cause hyper pigmentation of the skin. As a result, darker pigmented skin is more susceptible to this condition.
Doing hard work outside make it vulnerable for men’s skin to get polluted, rough and dark. So it is more important for men to take care of their skin.
Tips for dark skin care for men :
1. Men have many outdoor activities and active grease secrete, so it causes rough skin and more chances of having black head and wrinkles. It is important to keep the face clean for men.
2. The most important step in your skin care regime is in proper washing. You should wash morning and before bedtime to remove dirt on skin. Cream cleansers are great for sensitive and dry skin, while foaming ones are needed for oily and normal skin types.
3. The most important things with regards to skin care for any men or women is if you’re a smoker, stop smoking because smoking prematurely ages the skin, it causes wrinkles and is bad for you for a lot of other health reasons.
4. For dark skin in men get a sunscreen that covers both UVA and UVB rays to moisturize your skin and protecting yourself from the sun. Don’t forget to apply some suntan lotion or oil to prevent sun burning.
5. Men don’t like putting creams and gels and things like that on their skin, but in the long run it’s going to make a big difference in terms of the health of the skin and preventing skin cancers.
6. Keep doing massage since it makes old cells of the skin surface fall off in time, it improves blood circulation and skin respiration. Taking advantage of the secretion of sebaceous gland and sweat gland to improve skin nutrition and activeness of deep skin cells is great for having skin lustre and elasticity.
7. Some men have really thick beard and need to be cleaned and shaved. Morning is the good time for shaving, because the face and body skin are all in relaxed status. Pick good quality, less stimulative shaving cream, the shaving order should be: temples, face, neck to mouth and jaw. After shaving, wash face with warm water and then with cold water again in order to recover the opening pores. Apply some moisturizing creams or fluid to reduce pain.
8. There are times when washing is not enough to remove dead skin or deeply embedded dirt, such as in blackheads in dark skin men. This is when an exfoliating becomes an important step. You shouldn’t exfoliate daily as the scrubbing action can be too harsh on your skin. Exfoliate once a week, or as needed.
9. If you have dark circles under the eyes, this is more likely due to superficial pigmentation. In this instance you may need a lightening cream prescribed by your dermatologist.
10. Taking care to use proper shaving methods should help cut down ingrown hairs.