How to beat heat in summer
1. Dress in light, loose, cotton clothing. Natural fabrics like cotton are much cooler than most synthetics. Loose fitting clothes allow air to circulate, keeping you cooler.
2. Protective hats (Wide-brimmed) keep the sun out of your eyes and provide some cooling shade.
3. When working outside, take periodic rest breaks in a cool area. So relax, slow down, pace yourself.
4. DON’T wait until you feel thirsty -STAY HYDRATED, drink water and Non-Alcoholic drinks. Water-filled fruits and vegetables add to your hydration level.
5. During the hot days of summer, it is a good idea to take a few simple precautions when spending time outdoors.
6. Eat light. Avoid piping hot food and oily heavy meals – they add heat to your body. Eat small meals and eat more often. Non-vegetarian foods should be avoided. Do not eat out-side or street cooked foods, try to switch for fresh and green vegetables at least for this summer.
7. Using sunscreen regularly helps prevent suntans and sunburn. It also helps protect your skin from harmful UV rays, so make sure you apply a good sunscreen to all the exposed areas of your body before you step into the sun. Select SPF 40 or higher to protect yourself adequately. Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before going outdoors and reapply as needed.
8. Another way of keeping cool in the summer is to go for a swim.
9. The air conditioners are obviously the first choice in the tools to beat the heat.
10. Use weather coats on the terrace which keeps the house a lot cooler, it reduces considerable amount of heat, you can also use false ceilings.
11. Take a hot shower. That’s right, hot. You’ll find that when you step out from under the water, the air feels cooler.