How to get rid of Under Eye Dark circles and Bags
Causes of Dark circles and Bags:
If you want to know how to get rid of dark circles under your eyes, you should know what these ugly aging sings form in the first place.
Since the area under eyes is very sensitive and densely packed with tiny capillaries that are prone to expanding, and thus becoming darker. This sensitive skin is also a prime area for swelling due to the collection of fluid in your lower eyelids particularly during sleep, and the resulting puffiness can cast shadows below your eyes which only adds to the perceived discoloration.
Dark circles around the eyes start in the capillaries underneath your skin. Since your capillaries are so tiny, it’s sometimes hard for blood to flow through these pathways. When there’s a buildup of blood in your capillaries, red blood cells begins to wander around the skin beneath your eyes.
The usage of bad sleeping habits is also a main cause of under eye dark circles and bags. These days, we work and get so occupied with a lot of things. We most often do not have time to take care of us.
Tips to get ride of under eye dark circles and bags:
1. Stay away from the sun’s UV rays. When you are going outdoors, you might want to use sun glasses or apply sun block. UV rays tend to mess up with the core functions of our dermis. The skin under your eyes is more vulnerable to the damaging effects of the sun’s UV rays. These rays speed up the aging process of the dermis. Your thin skin can get thinner.
2. You need to boost circulation. When blood can flow freely through your capillaries, you won’t have to worry about blood wandering off into the skin around your eyes.
3. Take an allergy medication if you suffer from allergies or hay fever. Nasal congestion can cause dark circles under the eyes.
4. The fastest way to get rid of dark circles under eyes is to use a quality eye product that’s made with the best ingredients that science and cell rejuvenation technology has to offer.
5. There are good creams that help the dark circles become less visible and give you a fresher look but it is not an easy task if your case is a severe one. If you have hereditary causes for this problem, the creams and lotions will help but won’t solve the problem; you need to consult with a dermatologist to help you find out a more radical solution
6. Use chamomile tea bags to get ride of dark circles and bags. Soak chamomile tea bags in lukewarm water first. The temperature of the water can help loosen up constricted blood vessels. Apply the chamomile tea bags under your eyes. Let it stay on your skin for about 15 minutes. Chamomile also contains components that can reduce leaking red cells.
7. Go to bed early enough each night that you allow at least eight hours for sleep so you do not wake up with dark circles and baggy eyes.
8. To get ride of with under eye dark circles and bags sleep with an extra pillow under your head. The extra pillow will help prevent excess fluid from building up under your eyes and creating a “baggy” look with dark circles.
9. Exercise daily to improve blood circulation in order to get ride of under eye dark circles and bags. If you are stressed out all the time, your skin tends to look paler. Your circulatory functions are not working properly during this time. You need to exercise to boost blood circulation. It will make your face look more vibrant and less stressed.
10. Cucumbers have that cooling effect in it. Place two slices of them in each of your closed eyes. Just relax for some time without opening it. An immediate relief is attained for the tired eyes.
11. Avoid salty foods, such as chips and pretzel. Excess salt causes the body to retain water in unusual places, and this can result in dark circles under the eyes. Too much salt can also impair your circulation and cause the blood vessels under the skin to appear bluer.
12. Avoid alcohol, as this will increase the likelihood that your body will retain water. Water retention may cause bags under your eyes. Cigarettes are not only bad for your health but, it has been proven that they are one of the many factors to why people get dark circles/bags under there eyes. By reducing the amount you smoke it will reduce the amount that is under your eye.
13. Sometimes we get bags through dehydration. The minimum intake of water we should all have is around 1.5 – 2 litres a day to get ride of under eye bags. And also try to get adequate fluids to improve circulation.
14. Eat a healthy, balanced diet, take vitamins, and drink plenty of water. Dark circles and puffiness are often attributed to lack of vitamin K or inadequate antioxidants. Also, a deficiency in B12 can result in dark circles. So try to eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially cabbage, spinach, and other leafy green vegetables. Take a daily vitamin supplement if necessary.
15. A Concealer can do wonders to hide dark circles. Choose a color that is just one shade lighter than your skin tone. If you go too light, you’ll bring more attention to the problem area. Pat your concealer on first and blend it in so it looks natural. Then apply your foundation and set it with a light dusting of loose powder.
16. Eyelid surgery performed by a plastic surgeon can significantly reduce or remove dark circles and bags under your eyes, if other treatments don’t work.