Informatica Software Developer Job Description
Informatica software is meant for hard core data integration purposes is helpful to many in many forms since an organization without relevant data is incomplete and data storing without the right software is incomplete and worthless. A developer writes a program in the Designer. The program is a GUI-Based program and is called Mapping. Once the mapping is created, the mapping needs to be saved into the repository.
The following are the job description of Informatica software developer:
1. The Informatica developer has to design and develop data warehouse solutions using different architecture, design, and modeling techniques.
2. The developer of Informatica has to work with business users to translate requirements into system flows, data flows, data mappings etc., and develop solutions to complex business problems.
3. They have to lead the creation of all design review artifacts during project design phase, facilitate design reviews, capture review feedback, and schedule additional detailed design sessions as necessary.
4. Interact with Release Management, Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, Architecture, Database Modeling Support, other Development teams and Operations as required.
5. Lead and contribute to all phases of the software development life cycle for Enterprise Data applications including current production and any future applications.
6. Create and enhance administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures, adopting industry best practice guidelines, standards, and procedures.
7. Manages the MSA (Manage Service Agreement) which provides production support for Health Plan Data Warehouses and provides small enhancement support.
8. Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Assists project manager in preparing time estimates and justification for assigned tasks.
9. Serves as the interface between business components and technical entities, and transforms business requirements into technical specifications via physical solution design documents and creating complex data models.
10. Creates technical statements of work for off-shore entities.
11. Evaluating and making recommendations based upon off-shore Level of Effort (LOE) documents.
12. Serves as the Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for off-shore entities and internal employees.
13. Serves on the intake review committee and making high level LOEs for work to be completed internally.
14. Evaluating the performance of off-shore MSA vendor performance,
along with analyzing the technical specifications.