IPhone Development Interview Questions and Answers
ANS: In 2007, Apple entered the cellular phone business with the introduction of the iPhone, a multi-touch display cell phone, which also includes the features of iPod.
2. What is iPhone?
ANS: IPhone is a combination of internet and multimedia enabled smart phone developed by Apple Inc.
IPhone functions as a camera phone, including text messaging, and visual voice mail. IPhone is a portable media player that resembles a video iPod It has user interface that is built around the multi-touch screen including virtual keyboard.
3. What is an iPhone app?
ANS: An iPhone app is a program that runs on our iPhone/iPod Touch. It enables us to accomplish a certain task. They could be utility apps, games, enterprise apps, entertainment apps, apps to access our bank account etc.
4. What are the features of iPhone 3gs?
* Video: Videos can be edited, shared. High quality VGA video can be shot in portrait or landscape.
* 3 Mega pixel Camera: Still photos with greater quality can be taken
* Voice control: It recognizes the names in contacts and recognizes the music on iPod.
* Compass: iPhone 3GS has built-in digital compass, used to point the way.
* Internet Tethering: Internet surfing can be done from anywhere. A 3G connection can be shared on Iphon3 with Mac notebook or laptop.
5. What are the popular apps of iPhone?
Face book-Social networking
Pandora Radio-radio on our iPhone
6. Why iPhone apps are popular?
ANS: Give our business a whole new way of transacting business for millions of users.
IPhones are the market leaders in the smart phone segment. The iPhone has become a great device to surf the internet, play games, interact with social networks and transact business.
7. What is iPhone OS?
ANS: iPhone OS runs on iPhone and iPod touch devices.
Hardware devices are managed by iPhone OS and provides the technologies needed for implementing native applications on the phone.
The OS ships with several system applications such as Mail, Safari, Phone, which provide standard services to the user.
8. What are the requirements for developing iPhone Apps?
ANS: Mac OS 10.5/10.6 iPhone SDK (Software Development Kit 3.0/4.0).
IPhone SDK consists of:
* IDE to develop iPhone Apps is XCode(This tool is inbuilt in iPhone SDK)
* Interface Builder-This is used to design GUI of Apps(Inbuilt feature of iPhone SDK)
* Instruments – This is used to check any memory leaks in our apps (Inbuilt in SDK)
* Simulator – This is used to test our apps before deploying into real device.
9. What is iPhone reference library?
ANS: iPhone reference library is a set of reference documents for iPhone OS. It can be downloaded by subscribing to the iPhone OS Library doc set. Select Help>Documentation from X code, and click the subscribe button next to the iPhone OS Library doc set, which appears in the left column.
10. What is iPhone sdk?
ANS: iPhone SDK is available with tools and interfaces needed for developing, installing and running custom native applications. Native applications are built using the iPhone OS’s system frameworks and Objective-C language and run directly on iPhone OS. Native applications are installed physically on a device and can run in presence or absence of network connection.
11. What is iPhone architecture?
ANS: It is similar to Mac OS X architecture
It acts as an intermediary between the iPhone and iPod hardware an the appearing applications on the screen
The user created applications never interact directly with the appropriate drivers, which protects the user applications from changes to the hardware.
12. What is iPhone reference library?
ANS: iPhone reference library is a set of reference documents for iPhone OS.
It can be downloaded by subscribing to the iPhone OS Library doc set.
Select Help>Documentation from X code, and click the subscribe button next to the iPhone OS Library doc set, which appears in the left column.
13. What are sensors in iPhone?
ANS: The proximity sensor immediately turns off the display when the iPhone is lifted to ear. With this sensor the power is saved and accidental dialing is prevented.
The display is automatically brightens the iPhone by the ambient light sensor when the sunlight or bright rooms and dims in darker places.
14. What are the location services?
ANS: Applications such as Maps, camera and compass are allowed to use the information from cellular, Wi-Fi and Global Positioning System networks for determining the approximate locations.
The location is displayed on the screen, using a blue marker.
15. Describe the functionality of accelerometer of an iPhone ?
ANS: iPhone responds to motion using a built-in accelerometer.
The accelerometer detects the movement and changes the display accordingly, at the time of rotating iPhone from portrait to landscape.
16. Explain about the applications that can be used with iPhone ?
ANS: Technology, Entertainment and Design (TED): Allows to watch and listen to world’s most fascinating people have to say, all on the iPhone.
For iPhone Online training please log on to http://www.revanthtechnologies.com