Memory Tips for Remembering Anything
The human brain has an amazing ability to adapt and change. A strong memory depends on the health and vitality of your brain. It takes effort to boost brain power. Memory is such a foundational skill, relevant to virtually every field of study that no one can afford to leave this potential underdeveloped.
1. Things that grab our attention are more memorable. Paint the mind a scene unlike any that has been seen before so that it cannot be forgotten. Input into your memory into something that is so colorful, so exciting and so different from anything you’ve seen before that you can’t possibly forget it. Remember names and faces with perfect accuracy.
2. Learn with all your senses. If you can see it, touch it, taste it, hear it and smell it, you are much more likely to remember it.
3. Chunking is a way to decrease the number of items you have to remember by increasing the size of each item If you are given a series of digits to remember, just break them up into parts. It also helps to assign meaning to them. Separating them into three sections as if they were a date and then remembering that specific date
4. By setting an application of a memory system in one location and clearly using that location as a background, you can easily separate it from a different application of the same memory system set in a different place.
5. By engaging a sense in your memory helps solidify things kept at place and forget them. Then you need to remember where you put them, you’ll remember how your hand felt as you put them down and the image of the table will simultaneously appear.
6. Reconstructing events like this might trigger associations that help you to retrieve the information. If the lost information was part of a list, review the other items in the list. These may be linked in some way to the forgotten item, or even if unlinked their positions in the list may offer a different cue to retrieve the information.
7. Image in your mind of what you are reading. You retain information much easier when you can visualize them.
8. Think of something funny or ridiculous, then Link that image to what you are reading, this will enable you to tie your memories to an emotion.
9. Treating your body well can enhance your ability to process and recall information. Physical exercise increases oxygen to your brain and reduces the risk for disorders that lead to memory loss, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Exercise may also enhance the effects of helpful brain chemicals and protect brain cells.
10. When you’re sleep deprived, your brain can’t operate at full capacity. Sleep is critical to learning and memory in an even more fundamental way. Sleep is necessary for memory consolidation, with the key memory-enhancing activity occurring during the deepest stages of sleep.
11. Meditation also can improve focus, concentration, creativity, and learning and reasoning skills.
12. Diet can also improve memory. Eat more fruit and vegetables and omega-3 foods.
Tags: how to improve brain power, how to increase brain power, how to increase memory, how to increase memory power, how to increase mind power, increase memory power tips, memory enhancement tips, memory tips, tips to increase memory power