SAP BASIS Interview Questions and Answers
1. What is an OK code? What are the differences an OK code to a T -code?
A: An OK Code is used by a program to execute a function for example after a push button has been clicked. A transaction code is a “shortcut” that helps a user run a program.
2. Where are t-code name and program values stored? How can I find a list of all the t-codes in the SAP system?
A: You can use transaction st11 to view Table TSTC. You can define a new t-code using transaction se93.
3. How can one disable the “Import All” button on STMS for the queues?
A: Login to your Transport Domain Controller. Run STMS->Overview->System.
Choose the System you want to disable import all. Go to Transport Tool tab. Add/Create Parameter “NO_IMPORT_ALL” set its value to 1.
4. What are the different types of work processes in R/3?
A: Dialog (D), Update (U), Enqueue (E), Background(B), and Spool(S).
5. How can you confirm the patch level for SAP GUI?
A: Log into SAPGUI, and hit Alt-F12 -> About
6. Why can web help be considered easier to install than CHM, the standard delivered SAP help?
A: Web help is easier than trying to get every remote user connected to a network share. If you don’t want to use SAP’s help site, you can setup your own website to do it. The best route depends on your business’ network structure.
7. What is the difference between a client copy and client refresh?
A: Some times these are the same, For example, if you are performing a copy to an existing client for the express purpose of updating the data, then it is called Client Refresh.
If you are copying to a newly created client then it is more appropriate to say “client copy.”
Another way of thinking about this is that a client copy from production to a QA server or from production to DEV server is really a client refresh.
8. What is the purpose of table T000?
A: Table T000 contains a list of defined clients,which you can maintain with transaction SCC4.
9. What is the purpose of table USR02?
A: This table stores User IDs and passwords.
10. How do you create a password exception list?
A: Place the answers in table USR40.
11. What is the purpose of table TADIR?
A: Table TADIR contains object directory entries.
12. What is the purpose of table TDEVC?
A: Table TDEVC contains development classes and packages.
13. How can you get a list of the users with development access on a particular system?
A: Table DEVACCESS
14. Where can you find a list of object keys included in a transport?
A: E071K Object keys contained within transports.
15. How can you tell if a transport entry is in the process of being imported?
A: Check table TRBAT
16. How can you find a list of objects that have been repaired in the system?
A: ADIRACCESS List of repaired objects and their access keys.
17. What is the difference between TP and R3TRANS
A: TP controls the process and calls several tools, like r3trans but also e.g. DDIC-Activation.
18. Is there a difference between user DDIC and SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW ?
A: Yes, DDIC is hard coded to do some things other IDs cannot. But you should be able to activate tables in SE11 using a SAP_ALL user.
19. What is the purpose of the UNIX file /etc/password ?
A: /etc/passwd contains valid user passwords, accounts, default login directories, and user security permission levels.
20. Is it possible to install ECC 5.0 as a test system and not production, without installing solution manager?
A: During the installation you will be asked for a key, which can only be generated by the solution manager.