SAP MM Certification Interview Question and Answers
ANS: Various material planning methods are used in MRP (Material Requirements Planning).
Reorder point procedure (VM)
Forecast-based planning (VV)
Time-Phased materials planning (PD)
These are specified in material creation (MM01)
Under the MRP 1 tab.
2. What is a Reservation?
ANS: A Reservation is a document used to make sure that the warehouse keeps a certain amount of a material or materials ready for transfer at a later date. It contains information on what, quantity, when, where from and to. Reservations help effective procurement by utilizing the MRP system to avoid out of/lack of stock situations.
3. What are the various “steps” in the MM Cycle from material creation through invoice?
ANS: The following creates a rough picture of the MM Cycle. Create material, create vendor, assign material to vendor, procure raw material through PR, locate vendor for certain material, processing GR, goods issue, and invoice verification.
Under what conditions are “planned orders” created? What may planned orders be converted to and how is that conversion accomplished?
4. What is the Source List?
ANS: The Source List identifies preferred sources of supply for certain materials. If the Source List has been properly maintained, it will identify both the source of a material and the period of time in which you can order the material from the source.
5. How are the various MM configuration Transactions accessed?
ANS: Transaction Codes OLMD accesses MM-CBP,
OLMB accesses MM-IM, OLME accesses MM-PUR,
OLML accesses MM-Warehouse Management,
OLMS accesses Material Master Data, and
OLMW is the proper transaction for valuation and account assignment.
6. How do you access the Materials Management Configuration Menu?
ANS: Transaction Code OLMS has a host of options that are not accessible through the IMG.
7. How do you create a Class?
ANS: Class is defined as the group of characteristics, which can be attributed to a product. Use Transaction CL01. Enter the value for the Class name and a small description. Select the group from it. The values on the different tabs are not mandatory, so you can skip the values if you wish or you can go to any extent needed. Save, and the Class is created.
8. How do you configure the Release Procedure?
ANS: Use Transaction OMGQ.
9. What are the key fields for the Material Master?
ANS: Material Groups, External Material Groups, Divisions, Material Status, Labs & Offices, Basic Materials, Storage Conditions, Temperature Conditions, Container Requirements, and Units or Measure Groups.
10. How Planned Orders are created ?
ANS: Planned orders are always created when the system creates an internal procurement proposal. In the case of vendor procurement, the MRP Controller may create a planned order or directly create a PR. The next step for a planned order is to be converted to a PR so it goes to purchasing and is to eventually become a PO. A planned order can be converted to a PR using transaction code MD14.
11. How is GR/IR account related to Inventory?
ANS: If you are involved with inventory, then you need the GR/IR account (Inventory Account) when the IR is posted. If you are not involved about inventory, then the system does not need the GR/IR account when the IR is posted; the system needs a G/L instead of the GR/IR account.
12. What is Release Procedure?
ANS: Release Procedure is approving certain documents like PRs or POs by criteria defined in the configuration. It is sensible to define separate release procedures for different groups of materials for which different departments are responsible, and to define separate procedures for investment goods and consumption goods.
13. What is an access sequence?
ANS: 1. The access sequence is used within the context of the “condition technique” to find condition records.
2. An access sequence can comprise several condition tables.
3. An access sequence defines which condition records are allowed and the sequence in which they are selected.
4. An access sequence is assigned to the condition types that are to be determined automatically.
5. Within an access sequence you can define, that after the first successful access at a condition record the system is not searching another records.
14. How are materials assigned to vendors?
ANS: Information Record links materials to the vendor, thus facilitating the process of selecting quotations. Use Transaction Code ME11 or Logistics
Purchasing and then Master Data
15. What are scales?
ANS: Scales are to fix a price in the info record for a quantity from 1-100 price Rs.150 and if the order quantity is 101- 500 the prices is 140. Scales cannot be used directly in PO but can be pulled into the PO from various master data like info record, quota arrangement.
16. How can an invoice be verified?
ANS: Transaction Code OLMR may be utilized.
17. Where is Material Master data saved?
ANS: Tables MARA and MARC.
How can a purchasing info record be generated?
1. Manual entry
2. Update from purchase order
3. Update from purchase requisition
4. Update from RFQ
18. How is the outputting (printing/transmission) of purchase orders controlled?
ANS: 1. As a rule, the system attempts to determine a message record for each message type in the message schema by means of an access sequence.
2. A message record in the PO header contains all the information that is necessary for outputting, such as the printer and the transmission time-spot.
3. Printing only takes place if the print indicator has been set in the PO item.
4. Printing only takes place if at least one message record can be found.
19. Give the transaction code for creating a customer in SAP SD?
ANS: The transaction codes for creating a customer in SAP SD are VD01, VA01 and XD01.
20. What does the purchasing document type control?
ANS: 1. Number assignment
2. Permitted item categories
3. The eligibility of scaled prices in contracts
4. The eligibility of scaled prices in scheduling agreements
5. Which header texts, appendix texts, and item texts are printed
21. How can we delete materials permanently from Material master?
ANS: Use transaction MM70 – Material Master->Other->Reorganization->Material->Choose.
Build variant with selection range of material master records to be selected for deletion and maintain run parameters. Execute.
Use transaction MM71 – Material Master-> other-> Reorganization->Material->Reorganization
Build a second variant
Maintain run parameters and execute.
It is also important to remove the records manually from info record, POs, PRs, reservation etc for successful deletion of the material.
22. What is the subcontracting cycle?
ANS: The Subcontracting Cycle is that when Po is created with item category L, the goods is transferred to subcontractor by 541 movements. For this movement note no accounting documents take place. When GR is done automatically, 543 movements takes place which take care of the consumption of components from stock.
For SAP Online training please log on to http://www.revanthtechnologies.com