Summer tips for removing Skin Tan
Sun tan can happen anytime to anyone. Sun-tanning occurs when the skin is unnecessarily exposed to sunlight. Tans are caused when your skin is very sensitive to sun. This is the very common problem for all during the summer season.
When you tan, your outer most layer of skin gets tanned. The reason people lose their tan over time is because our bodies naturally shed dead skin cells, and eventually our whole tan skin layer is gone. People having dark skin have sun tan as a major problem. The most affected areas are face, neck and arms. There are many sunscreen lotions to prevent sun tan. There are also several home remedies that you can get rid of a suntan and lighten your complexion:
*To remove a tan on skin caused due sun in summer, mix 5 tbs of rosewater and 1 tbs of lemon juice. Apply this mixture to the affected areas during bedtime and wash it off the next morning.
* Applying a turmeric powder and lime juice paste on the sun tanned area to remove suntan.
* A tablespoon of gram flower blended with 2 teaspoon of raw milk, add few drops of lime juice is very beneficial in lightening dark skin. Put on this mixture and let it stay for about 15 minutes before washing it off.
* Apply a blend of grated tomato with a lime juice on the face. Wash it off after 20 minutes with cold water. This works well for lightening the skin. Continue this treatment for 15 days for best results.
* Placing slices of raw potato on the skin is very effective in removing a tan and improves your skin tone.
* Take a fine thick paste of potato. Add some lemon to juice to it. Apply it on the affected areas like face, neck, and arms. Leave on until it is dry for about 25 to 30 minutes. Then wash it off. This can be down twice a week.
* Rub the lemon slice on the affected skin before taking bath. Let it be on your skin for half an hour. Lemon is one of the best remedy to get rid from tan. It can applied for elbow darkness, ankle darkness and neck darkness. Lemon acts as an excellent bleach for your skin.
* Curd also is an excellent natural bleach and a cleanser. Apply curd daily on your face daily. This makes the skin softer and also reduces darkness. It acts as a deep cleanser.
* Crush some tomato juice and apply it directly on to your face and leave it for 15 minutes. This can be done thrice in a week which helps to reduce the sun tan.
* Mix powdered almonds, oatmeal, plain yogurt, milk and allow it soak for few minutes. When they are mixed well apply to your face. Leave it for 30 minutes and when fully dried wash it warm water. Done twice a week will give better improvement in the skin complextion.
* Aloe vera is one of the best remedy for sun tanned skin. This can be applied daily before going to bed. Aloe vera is one of the best remedy for all skin ailments. For prickly heat, applying aloe vera is very effective.