Tips to remember on Cognos Connection and Report Studio
1) Define Cognos connection?
It is a web portal, which allows you to perform the following tasks.
- Creating the Reports
- Performing the scheduling tasks
Use to access all corporate data available in ReportNet.
34) What are the types of folders in Cognos connection?
Report can be organized by creating the folders.
Public Folders: Public Folders can be viewed by many users.
My Folders: Personal Folders that you can organize according to your preferences.
35) What is a job?
A group of reports and other jobs in ReportNet that you run and schedule as a batch.
36) What is deployment?
The process of moving a ReportNet application (reports, models, and so on) to a different instance of ReportNet. For example, you often create reports in a test environment and then deploy them to production.
When you deploy an application, you export, transfer, and import it.
37) What is the use of Schedule?
The schedule allows you to run a report at a later time or run it on a recurring basis.
38) What are the uses of Schedule Management tool?
- Change the properties of a job
- Modify a scheduled report
- View the run history of a report
- Run a scheduled entry once
- Delete a schedule
39) What is a Report Studio?
Using Report Studio we can create more advanced professional Business Reports.
For relational data sources, cardinality indicates the nature of the relationship between two query subjects, query items, or other model objects.
40) What is work area?
The area within a studio that contains the report, analysis, query or agent currently being used.
41) What is Simple List Report?
The data is displayed in a series of columns (Tabular format).
42) How to eliminate duplicates?
The duplicates can be eliminated by creating the Groups
43) What is a prompt?
A prompt is an end users object which allows you to select the values or enter the values to restrict the data displayed in the report.
A report element that asks for parameter values before the report is run.
A Prompt is known as dynamic filter.
Prompt can be created using Parameters enclosed between ? marks.
Ex :- ?prompt?
44) What are the types of Prompts?
The following are the types of prompts:
- Text box Prompt
- Value Prompt
- Select and Search Prompt
- Date Prompt
- Time Prompt
- Date and time Prompt
- Tree prompt
- Generated prompt
45) How many ways are there to create prompt?
To create a prompt you can:
- Use the Build prompt page tool.
- Build your own prompt and prompt page.
- Create a prompt directly in a report page.
46) What is a cascading prompt?
A prompt that uses values from a previous prompt to filter the values in the current prompt or Pick list.
47) How many ways we can create Cascading Prompt?
A Cascading Prompt can be developed in a two different ways.
- Single select and auto submit cascading prompt.
- Multi select and Re-prompt button cascading prompt.
48) In How many file formats we can export Report Data.
The data can be exported into the following file formats
- PDF format (Portable Document Format)
- CSV Format (Comma Separated Value)
- XML Format
49) Define Cross Tab Report:
Design a Cross Tab Report for comparative analysis. Cross tab report is created with 3 drop zones.
50) Define a chart:
A Chart is a graphical presentation of business data.
A chart Report is designed for comparative Analysis.
51) What are the different types of charts?
- Column chart
- Bar Chart
- Pie Chart
- Line Chart
- Area Chart
- Point Chart
- Radar Chart