Tips To Remember when designing a website
When you are designing a website, usability is extremely important. This allows visitors to easily access the information they are looking for on the site. The good news is that creating a usable website doesn’t have to be expensive. Knowing a few basics can help you to design a site that is easy to use, which is sure to attract more visitors. If you know something about websites and graphics designing, you may already be thinking of building your own website. If this is the case, you should also keep following tips in mind to complete the whole task in an impressive way.
- Choose good color schemes that are more attractive and make your website look professional. You can always try common color schemes or something that goes well with your logo also.
- One of the important tips to remember when designing a website is for maximum usability is to add a tagline to your website. This is basically a motto or statement that can be used to state your mission or philosophy. On the first page, this should be the main element that is seen. It should use one phrase to describe the entire site. Websites only have a few seconds to get the attention of visitors and a clear tagline can help keep the attention of your visitors so they are more likely to look at other pages on your website.
- One of the most important factors which lay much emphasis on the visit count of your website is its loading time. Not only much bandwidth would be wasted but also it would panic visitors much if your website’s theme is too heavy to load. It happens mostly with those websites which has too much of images.
- A site map is a very useful accessory of any website hosting. Any visitor can get a clear idea about what is contained in that particular website and a proper navigation is given to the visitor about it. So, if you want to develop a high standard website, then there should be a site map in it.
- Another of the important elements that should be included in your website design is a site search option. Users like to have the option to easily search for something on a site. The search text field should be at the top of the website so users can easily find it. Also, it’s recommended to make it about 27 characters wide so that it is easy for text to be seen when doing a search. Show the search button clearly as well.
- It is very good to see if you put few graphics in your website, too many graphics can be a huge problem. You don’t want to distract the visitor from the main purpose of your site by overusing the graphics. Don’t work to decorate the site. You only want to use graphics to actually improve the web page, not to simply add decoration. When it comes to graphics, less is going to be more when it comes to the usability of the site.
- Background music not only slows the speed of website loading but also irritate visitors. If you opened a website and suddenly a big sound came then your concentration on the work gets destructed. Anyone will feel irritated in this kind of situation. So don’t keep sounds in the website.
- Unnecessary pop ups are not a source of fascinating your visitors, rather it irritates them a lot. Thus it is much better to avoid unnecessary pop ups as they are nothing else but a reason for irritating and frustrating visitors.