Tips to take care of your Heart
The HEART is a muscular organ responsible for pumping blood through the blood vessels by repeated, rhythmic contractions. By taking some small good steps to care for your heart can prolong your lifetime by years. Diseases of the heart are the leading cause of death, causing a higher mortality than cancer. Coronary heart disease is responsible for 1 in 5 deaths. Around 1.3 million people suffer a new or recurrent coronary attack every year, and about 40% of them die as a result of the heart attack.
Some of the important Heart Care Tips
- Ginger has a tonic effect on the heart. It inhibits blood platelet collection and lowers cholesterol. Ayurvedic health practitioners recommend eating a small amount of ginger everyday as one of the best measures to prevent heart attack.
- Every one should exercise every day for 30 minutes at least. Working out on a regular basis such at least thrice a week is good for cardiac action. The trick is to be moderate at exercising and not overdoing it. One should start with slow work out regime and then proceed to a target level that is achievable. However, it is also good to consult a doctor or a fitness instructor for the right type of exercise regime that should be followed. Don’t be too motivational and run into some tiring exercise schedule on your own.
- After a full day’s work, your body needs to relax completely, which requires you to take rest sufficiently. Try to get six to eight hours of sleep, everyday. Inadequate rest or sleep can contribute to more stress.
- When it comes to heart care smoking should stop mainly. Smoking is one of the top factors for heart diseases. Yet many people are heedless of this. Smoking can have a lot of adverse effects on the heart. Some of them include: heart attacks, strokes, heart failure, angina etc. If you quit smoking even after many years of this habit, you can hope to regain your health. Hopefully your heart will recover and even the cholesterol levels may reduce once people give up this cruel habit of smoking.
- Swimming is another best exercise for the heart. Try to increase the speed and the amount of time you spend in the swimming pool. You can even play water games. Encourage even children to learn swimming at an early age.
- Based on your family history, age and lifestyle, you may have to take extra care and frequent check-ups for your heart diseases. Ask your doctor to safety inspection of your cholesterol levels, to ensure that there is the right balance between LDL and HDL levels. Also have your blood pressure checked regularly. High blood pressure is also a major cause for heart disease.
- Drink fresh juices like orange, apple, and pomegranate regularly. With the help of natural liquids, you would be immediately able to trim down your own blood pressure and cholesterol levels for long time. Try to avoid greasy foodstuffs always for the reason that they involve loads of fats and calories which often become the genuine cause of your heart assault.
- Try to reduce using salt in the daily foods. This helps keep fluid from building up and makes it easier for your heart to pump. Your doctor may want you to eat less than 2,000 mg of salt each day. That’s less than 1 teaspoon. You can stay under this number by limiting the salt you eat at home and by watching for “hidden” sodium when you eat out or shop for food.