Twitter tips for SEO
One of the social networking site Twitter has started out as a personal tool that is used for micro blogging between techies and businesspeople. In the past year it has moved mainstream and is now used by celebrities and businesses to communicate with their fans and customers. The concept is relatively new to most twitter users who are using Twitter to help their online business gain visibility.
Companies are already beginning to optimize their Twitter profiles to start building quality links that will rank high with the search engines.
1. Choose a Twitter username which represents your business instead of a nickname which does not describe your business. Your Twitter “Real Name” is perhaps the most important thing you can set on your Twitter profile. It appears in the title tag for both your Twitter profile and your individual tweet pages. It’s highly searchable, and it’s something that will appear in Google’s link to your profile.
2. It is a good idea to create an account name that is different from your username to make optimum use of keywords and further promote your business.
3. One of the best Twitter SEO tips is optimizing your profile by using relevant keywords. This includes the meta description that tells people about your expertise and your business. Use this description line in the best way possible because it is frequently indexed by the search engines and others can see it.
4. Optimize Every Tweet. Make sure you do this strategically and do not overstuff the message with keywords because this will be viewed as spam. Just remember to maintain high quality content and strategically placed keywords.
5. Write your tweets that they are easy to understand to other people to resend. In order to allow other users to retweet your message, do not use the maximum number of characters. You should strive to tweet high quality content using keywords and in such a way which makes it easy for others to retweet.
6. Try to use short URL’s in order to direct Twitter users back to your content. Shorten URL links have significant SEO value since SEO is partially about building high quality links. Twitter can also help your Alexa ratings if you are successful in sending users back to your website.
7. Set up a listening post. A listening post can also monitor any complaints about your product or service, and enable you to respond pro-actively to resolve the problem.
8. Follow relevant Twitter users. If you try and grow your network too fast and have many more followers than followed, you could be accused of spamming. Be sure to maintain the number of people you are following and the number of Twitterers following you.
9. To be strong in search engines, your Twitter profile needs more number of links. Link to your profile everywhere you can, and do so with strong keywords in the anchor text. This works well because, even though your Twitter profile is closely related to your site, it is hosted on a different domain, meaning you can pass along a great deal of trust to it from your site. This makes your links to it much more valuable.
10. Keeping your tweets focused lets you keep that copy keyword-dense, giving Google exactly what it wants to see and encouraging it to rank your Twitter page higher than other, less-focused accounts.
11. Although practicing good Twitter SEO tips will help to set your business up for the future of search engines, keep in mind you must also continue to practice consistent communication with your followers and other members of the Twitter community.