uses of developing websites using perl
Perl programming language is a language which is ideal solution for creating dynamic web pages and also has the ability to perform system management task. Perl is released in 1987, and it was designed to provide efficiency and ease. Some of the uses in using Perl are listed below.
- The first thing is its effectiveness in providing cleaner code. With the new Perl 5, codes are far more readable than before. Cryptic variables can now be replaced by mnemonic identifiers. Error messages that you get is even more informative and understandable. This is a great help for new webmasters and developers.
- The library in the Perl 5 is defined in modules. This can be shared between various packages. All users need to do is just import them. It can be done on a single module or the entire module. Furthermore, the same action can be done with pragmas and compiler directives. This programming language is also very object orientated. It supports dynamic inheritance and virtual methods in a very straightforward way. There is a little need for syntax and the packages can be used as file handlers can be treated as an object.
- With the ability to be embedded into C or C++ applications, Perl 5 is high compatibility and extensibility. It has a IX processor that can allow users to easily paste C or C+ routines into a framework. This is supported by dynamic module loading. Therefore, Perl itself can act as a dynamic library. One of its latest modules POSIX provides access to all available POSIX definitions and routine through objects when users need them. Therefore, it is POSIX compliant.
- Additional features of Perl are it can simultaneously access DBM, GDBM, NDBM and SDBM from the same script. It has a DBMOpen interface which can allow any variables to connect to an object class that recognizes its access method. It also possesses auto subroutine upload function that allows users to define arbitrary semantics for any routine call which is not defined.
- In addition, it also allows users to write regular expressions complete with embedded whitespace for better visual experience. It also has lexical scoping that is similar to auto variables in the C language but more efficient and provides better privacy.
- All and all, users will be able to enjoy all this just by downloading it from the free software package at the Perl official website or get a web hosting service that comes with it.
- In many cases, such as a search facility that looks up a query in some database, this interface can be handled through CGI scripts.
Following are some significant features of Perl:
- DBI (Database Integration) interface of Perl supports third party databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, Postgre, etc.
- Perl is compatible with most of the commonly used mark-up languages like HTML and XML.
- Perl provides support to Unicode Standard, irrespective of the platform you are using.
- There is a Perl Interpreter, a subset of Perl package, which can be embedded by the users in other systems.
- Perl is a flexible programming language that provides support to both procedural and object oriented programming.
- Perl can be interfaced with C or C++ Libraries through XS or SWIG (SWIG is a tool, which connects C/C++ programs with high level programming languages and other scripting languages.).
- Perl, as a web programming language, can manipulate text and provide support to web development cycles.
- Perl can manage encrypted web data and E-commerce transactions, and when embedded into Web Server it improves the processing speed of an application.
- CPAN (Comprehensive Perl Archive Network) comes with a wide range of useful third party modules.
For Perl Online training please log on to http://www.revanthtechnologies.com