Uses of Joomla
A web content management system is a software system that provides website authoring, collaboration, and administration tools designed to allow users with little knowledge of web programming languages or markup languages to create and manage website content with relative ease. A robust WCMS provides the foundation for collaboration, offering users the ability to manage documents and output for multiple author editing and participation.
Some CMSs are free like Drupal, TYPO3, Joomla, and WordPress. Others may be affordable based on size subscriptions. Although subscriptions can be expensive, overall the cost of not having to hire full time developers can lower the total costs. Plus software can be bought based on need for many CMSs.
Joomla is an award-winning content management system, which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.
Advantages of Joomla :
- Joomla CMS can be used with a great ease by any user with a little knowledge. New pages can be easily added and modified using the CMS system it provides. One can easily add content, images and can perform text formatting using the editor support in this.
- Joomla provides support for many languages. So, if you want to create a website for non English users, you can easily create it with Joomla. From an English website your visitors can easily switch to any other language they are comfortable with. This feature will give user friendliness to your website because visitors can easily view the content in a language of their choice.
- If you have a group of people working on the same site, then Joomla is a solution for you. Different authors of the site can easily upload their content instead of waiting for programmers or Designers. Uniform website template used in Joomla provide a consistent look to the whole site.
- It is easy to give multiple user authentications in a Joomla website. Number of people can log on to the site simultaneously with their individual permissions. Similar feature in a traditional website will require a lots of development work by the developer, which can be easily done in a Joomla site.
- Joomla offers a good template support. You may choose any of the templates available based on the theme of your site. This template can also be changed in future whenever you want a makeover of your site. Uniform template support will give the same look to all the web pages and all the new pages created in site will automatically adopt the existing template design.
- Another good feature by Joomla is the use of extensions. These extensions provide additional functionality to a site. Joomla provides different extensions which can be easily installed within a Joomla site.
For Joomla Online training please log on to http://www.revanthtechnologies.com