Website Marketing Tips to Remember
Whether you run a business of your own or opened up a website for a new online business, you have to remember that either one isn’t easy to manage without time, effort, and money. If you’re running an internet marketing business for the first time, this is the first tip or rule that you should remember. Now, don’t feel depressed or discouraged if you’re not doing as well as the other internet marketers out there. No matter which online business you are currently in and what are your future plans for the marketing.
Marketing your online business takes skill, determination, creativity and strategy. There are many ways to market your website, below that are geared to helping your business achieve its marketing goals and at the same time, save you money in marketing cost.
• First one is to develop the most important realistic primary objectives for your website. This means that you will define what your website will do to the visitors and then design, format and launch your online store as per your objectives
• Second is to define your sub-objectives and sub-sub-objectives. This means that you will define those realistic objectives which are still important but their priorities are lesser than your primary objectives.
• Research well on the kind of product you will be selling in your online business. This is very important because you won’t be able to sell a product well if you do not know anything about it or why you are interested in the first place.
• List your website in the Internet “Yellow and White Pages” Some yellow pages have, “free listing signups”. Go to keyword “yellow pages” or type “yellow pages” into your browser and choose your yellow pages accordingly.
• Inserting “Meta Tags” in the head of your HTML will allow search engines to to recognize and pick up on your submission, by using “Key Words” in the Head of your HTML Code. Most likely, if your site does not have “keywords” in the head of your html code, the engines will not pick it up. Submit Your Site, “Free Meta Tag Generator” is a tool to help you create a meta tag for your html. It is important to remember that all Meta tags will be geared towards the content of your site.
• Monitor your website progress. You should constantly look at the traffic to your website using trackers that may be downloaded for free on the internet. Find out where these users come from and how long they are viewing your site. From there, you will know what works and what doesn’t.
• Try to use H tags (1,2,3 etc) at the top-most possible location in the pages of your website, in the source order, and NOT visual order.
• Use Google’s, Yahoo’s and MSN’s sitemap services. Not only that it will provide you with invaluable server and website data, but it will get your pages in their index faster.
• Pay close attention to Stumbleupon. It’s a great alternative social network. If you write a good post, submit it in their website. Be faithful and fairplay with the other members, help each other, and add friends to your account. Ask other members to review you if they liked what you stumbled upon. StumbleUpon traffic had the highest converting ratio, in comparison to Delicious, Digg or Reddit users, which seem to be RSS and AD blind.