What is iMessage, its Setup and Features :
iMessage is an instant messenger platform service developed by Apple Inc. for iOS and OS X devices. Apple’s imessage messaging platform or application is specifically for iOS 5 users. This iMessage is quite similar to traditional SMS text messaging and MMS messaging, for users those have any device running iOS 5 can send text, picture, and video messages contact information, and group messages over Wi-Fi, 3G or LTE to each other via iMessage.
iMessage brings text and multimedia messaging to the iPad and the iPod Touch devices which is built into the Messages app. Messages you deliver to other iOS 5 customers will be sent via iMessage, while messages sent to other non iOS 5 gadgets will be sent as a conventional SMS or MMS concept.
Setup of iMessage :
To use iMessage on your iOS device, basically go to your configurations and be sure it’s switched on. If you have multiple accounts, make sure the Apple ID that you normally use is associated with iMessage, or else you can add it.
iMessage works by instantly verifying to see if the contact you’re delivering message to has an Apple ID associated device. If it is, the message will be sent as an iMessage instead of the regular word message. You can also notice whether it’s an iMessage or a regular written text via iMessages are blue while regular sms information are green.
While sending text through iMessage, the mobile device’s Message application will first recognize the receiver of the message before delivering, and instantly deliver the messages through iMessage if the recipient’s device uses iOS 5 or through the sender’s frequent written text messages service, incase if the receiver doesn’t have an iOS 5-powered system.
Features of iMessage:
* Customers of iMessage-capable gadgets can deliver an endless number of messages for free via iMessage. In addition to text messages, iMessage also facilitates delivering images, video clips, Web hyperlinks, connections and place information. iMessage can also be used to deliver group messages to several people.
* iMessage also features like an instant messaging service by enabling you to see while your friends are typing you a message.
* One of the awesome functions of iMessage is that you can begin a discussion on one of your Apple gadgets like an iPhone, and choose it up on any other gadgets you have operating iOS 5, such as your iPad simultaneously . It allows you to set it up with the same current e-mail address with on several gadgets.
* You can also find which friends are using the app with iMessage application. This App is absolutely free for any user of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. An MMS option is also available to share things with friends those not using an iOS device.
* iMessage also displays the exact time at which your IM’s been read. iMessage also features innovative abilities such as a typing indicator and delivery / read confirmations. iOS 5 customers can deliver endless information via iMessage.