Garlic Products Online For Diabetes Management
Garlic is a culinary kitchen spice which has many medicinal properties. Garlic is packed with antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Garlic is one of the healthiest super-food to include in your diet. It is the storehouse of many vital minerals like phosphorous, calcium, potassium, iron and copper.
The allicin – a sulfurous compound found in garlic is the main reason for its benefits. This allicin gives a pungent smell and taste to garlic.
Garlic is a super-food which boosts the immunity, helps in digestion, keeps your heart healthy by keeping the blood pressure in check.
According to a 2012 study Garlic lower the Blood Sugar Levels in people with type 2 diabetes. Garlic can do wonders in keeping blood sugar levels in check.
Most nutritionists recommend to include fresh garlic in a diabetes diet, as it provides many benefits for diabetic patients.
Here are some of the reasons for diabetics to eat garlic
- Garlic is low in calories and carbs, which makes it an ideal herb for diabetes management.
- Fresh Garlic has a good source of vitamins B-6, which plays a vital role in carbohydrate metabolism.
- Garlic helps the carbs to metabolize quickly and make the blood sugar levels to elevate.
- Garlic ensures that carbs are metabolized in regulated pace.
- According to a book, consuming garlic regularly lowers the amino acid homocysteine, a risk factor of diabetes and heart diseases.
- The compounds like allicin, allyl propyl disulfide and S-allyl cysteine sulfoxide in garlic helps to raise the insulin levels in the blood.
- Garlic can be eaten fresh and raw or sprinkled over salads or can eat cooked.
However, it is advised to consume garlic under doctor’s advice as it could cause side effects for some people, or it taking it in extreme amounts.