Tips to hire and manage SEO Consultant
To hire an SEO consultant you first need to know what the most important skills you need to are look for experience in the SEO field is the most important criteria to look while hiring an SEO consultant. A newly hired SEO consultant could bring some fresh ideas and improvements to your website’s ranking.
1. Choosing an SEO consultant might cost you financial losses and damage to your website. Prices that are too low must raise an exclamation mark and in order to receive a high quality service you must pay a competitive price. You will need to find competent individuals that you will trust and that will have valuable SEO skills, followed by the ability to compete with others on the market.
2. Determine your goal for hiring an SEO consultant of what do you want to accomplish whether you are looking for rank better on specific keywords. If you don’t have realistic goals, it’s hard to determine whether you’re getting anywhere. It also makes it extremely easy for someone to take your money and run or just keep on asking you for money. You might also discover that you don’t really need a SEO expert to accomplish these goals.
3. Having little bit knowledge about SEO yourself is better while you are hiring an SEO consultant someone else to be the expert but some basic knowledge will serve you well to evaluate and work with a good one. You don’t have to spend all days on it to start building a good foundation and you can always hire someone– you’ll just be more informed.
4. While hiring an SEO consultant compare metrics – How many customers have they worked with? What did they achieve for their customers in improvement in keyword rankings, inbound links, and most importantly, organic traffic. How much time they took to complete the project.
5. Check their websites by running their websites through Website Grader. Check whether the SEO consultants give you a well-optimized SEO services or not.
6. Ask for regular reporting – How do you report your results? What metrics do you track? Minimally, it should include growth in keyword rankings, inbound links and organic traffic.
Tips to manage an hired SEO Consultant:
1. Provide helpful information to your SEO consultant – Buyers of On-Page SEO service.
2. Monitor key metrics yourself. Many clients and consultants still focus on keyword rankings and inbound links. You could monitor how both change over time with free and paid tools. For inbound links, distinguish between links to your website vs. links to your website that people actually click on.
3. Tracking keyword rankings and inbound links can be a lot of work. Take care about ranking for keywords and getting links is to grow your organic traffic over time. For that, you can use free tools like Google Analytics to measure your traffic from organic search.
4. Whether you or someone else does your SEO work, you still have to have great content to optimize. You may pay someone to increasing rankings with keyword placement and inbound links, but if you don’t have the content and conversion opportunities on your website once people land there, then you still fail to generate leads and customers.